Indigo completes latest round of WMS software implementations for Alphamega
Indigo Software has completed its third successful software implementation for Alphamega Hypermarkets, the largest supermarket group in Cyprus, demonstrating the company’s strong track record of working with companies based outside of the UK.
Indigo Software has completed its third successful software implementation for Alphamega Hypermarkets, the largest supermarket group in Cyprus, demonstrating the company’s strong track record of working with companies based outside of the UK. These investments have seen Alphamega replace an entirely paper based warehouse operation with a fully integrated Indigo WMS across multiple warehouse locations and an upgrade of its Infor ERP system.
- Implement an upgrade of Infor Aurora ERP system
- Implement Indigo WMS at 2,200 sq m non-grocery and seasonal goods warehouse
- Implement Indigo WMS at 7,000 sq m temperature controlled grocery distribution centre
- 2 further enhancement implementations are ongoing, with these projects expected to be completed in 2019.
The implementation included Indigo’s software specialists developing a bespoke replenishment ordering system, to enable Alphamega employees working in the retail stores to place stock orders electronically and data is transferred automatically to Indigo WMS. A further development add on of automatic delivery receipt will complete the solution.
“Introducing Indigo WMS has been a steep learning curve for some users, who had been used to a different semi-automated system, but extensive support and training throughout the change management process, has created a high and quick rate of adoption” says Stelios Papaxanthos, Financial Director at Alphamega. “Before Indigo WMS, a lot of time was spent to prepare orders from the stores and receipt of orders from abroad, now the time of fulfilment has decreased significantly despite the increase in volume. Now that everything is online and real-time, we can begin to measure efficiency and make continuous performance improvements.”
5 key metrics Alphamega can track using Indigo WMS
- Time required to complete routine stock movements
- Goods receiving and put away processing times
- Stock replenishment timeframes
- ‘On Time In Full’ order picking trends, pick accuracy levels and operator productivity
- Stock accuracy and stock audit discrepancies
- Overall a clear picture of all the activity in the warehouse as it happens
“Alphamega is a very forward-thinking company, with a number of interesting capital investment products ongoing all the time, to improve their retail business,” says Mike Chadwick, Indigo Supply Chain Consultant, who was responsible for managing the implementation of Indigo WMS. “The company will benefit greatly from the additional business intelligence a WMS will bring to support future growth and are already seeing a clear return on their investment.”
Further information about Alphmega is available from https://www.alphamega.com.cy/