Generating ROI: How will a WMS add value to your warehouse?
A WMS solution will singularly revolutionise your warehouse operations, making your business more efficient, reliable, and profitable. It will mean you have better visibility of stock in the warehouse and are able to better cope with peaks in demand without having to significantly increase labour costs.
As companies who have made the investment already can verify, a warehouse management system (WMS) software solution will singularly revolutionise your warehouse operations, making your business more efficient, reliable, and profitable. It will mean you have better visibility of stock in the warehouse and are able to better cope with peaks in demand without having to significantly increase labour costs. All in all, installing a good WMS will be a significant improvement for your business, especially for those companies who still rely on paper based processes.
Based on our experience working with customers, a WMS offers the sort of rapid ROI that might make you wonder – can I afford not to invest? At Indigo we estimate customers will see a full ROI in 12 months but in some instances it is a lot less. The exact ROI achievable will depend on a number of factors, including business size, industry sector, annual turnover, current overheads, spoilage and loss levels.
For example, Indigo customer Tetrosyl achieved a full ROI within 12 months, 10% greater throughput capacity without the need to employ additional resources during busy winter periods and saved £202,500 per annum by enabling the warehouse to increase shipments to 200,000 pallets per year -without incurring extra manpower costs.
8 ways a WMS will add value to your supply chain
Below are some of the many benefits a WMS will bring to your business:
- Get full real-time visibility of all your stock, orders, and processes
- Decrease the time required to fulfil orders and invoice customer payments
- Guarantee total accuracy of each order
- Significantly reduce material and shipping costs
- Make the best possible use of available warehouse space
- Improve workforce productivity and accountability
- Reduce wear and tear on materials handling equipment with more efficient routing of activity throughout the warehouse
- And overall, using an Indigo WMS will streamline your entire warehouse operations, resulting in a more efficient supply chain and more satisfied customers.
Find out more about the ROI you could be achieving by speaking to one of our supply chain consultants, each of whom has real-world industry experience.