6 tips on how to choose the right warehouse management system
Eric Carter, Solutions Architect at Indigo Software gives six top tips on how to ensure you choose the right warehouse management system for your business needs.
Here is some valuable advice from Eric Carter, Solutions Architect at Indigo Software on what to consider when choosing the right warehouse management system for your business needs.
- The most important criteria is to consider the suitability of the software in terms of feature rich complexity versus perfect match for business requirements.
- Don’t overcomplicate processes so that you end up with a highly complex software system with functionality you pay for but never take advantage of.
- Bear in mind that businesses change so fast that old thinking like ‘get a system for the next ten years’ really has little or no value in the real world.
- When conducting return on investment calculations (ROI) a practical sensible head is required. You need to make sure that the projected ROI is tangible and can be achieved.
- Operators need to conduct a true business process review which identifies no value-add processes and then potentially streamlines them to make sure the overall procedure is not affected and runs as efficiently as possible.
- Operators also need to realise that it is not just the software itself that provides the complete solution – getting the implementation project right itself is just as important.
For more guidance on choosing the best warehouse management system for you, please contact us, we’d love to help you.